Andhra Sweet And Sour Eggplant Stew / Andhra Vankaya Pakodi Curry / Brinjal Pakodi Curry / Brinjal Curry
Andhra sweet and sour eggplant Stew is easy and traditional recipe in Andhra Pradesh. Andhra Sweet And Sour Eggplant Stew is a very delicious curry serve with plain rice. Vankaya pakodi curry is a traditional Andhra dish made with brinjal, deep fried besan fritters and spices.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Eggplant – 1 big nos.
- Oil for frying –
- Dry Red chili – 2-3 nos.
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- A pinch of asafetida –
- Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Curry Leaves – 10-11
- Water as needed –
- Tamrind Juice – 1 tbsp
- Grated Jaggery – 1/4 cup
- White Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cut the brinjal into slits and rub some oil into outside and put it on a chapatti roasting net or a grill pan on the gas flame and you can also put it in open flame on the gas burner.
- Roast the brinjal for 30 minutes or till it is soft.
- Transfer the roasted brinjal in a bowl and allow to cool and take the skin off, knead it to make it into a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add dried red chili, hing, cumin seeds, green chili, mustard seed, onions and curry leaves, fry for 4-5 min or till the onions are soft and begin to brown.
- Add mashed eggplant, water, tamarind paste, jaggery, white sugar, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt, mix well and boil it.
- Cook until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Serve hot eegplant curry with rice.