Aloo Gobi Curry / Punjabi Aloo Gobi Masala Recipe / Potato Cauliflower Curry
Aloo gobi curry is a Punjabi delicacy popular in North Indian. It is a semi-dry dish made from potatoes or aloo and cauliflower or gobi. Aloo gobi curry is a Punjabi style gravy dish made from potato, onion cauliflower and Indian spices. You can enjoy with rotis or paratha or rice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Gobhi (cut into big pieces) – 1 medium
- Potato (peel and cut into cubes) – 2 medium
- Chopped Green Chili – 1-2 nos.
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Chopped Coriander Leaves (for paste) – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Green Chili (for paste) – 2-3 nos.
- Chopped Ginger (for paste) – 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped Garlic (for paste) – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- In a grinder, add coriander leaves, green chili, ginger and garlic, make a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat the water in a pan, add gobhi pieces and potato, little salt and a pinch turmeric powder, boil for 12-15 min.
- Remove the extra water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seeds and fry for 4-5 min.
- Add onion and green chili, fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Add fine paste, turmeric powder and coriander powder, mix well and fry for 4-5 min.
- Add curds, mix well and stir continuously.
- Add potato and gobhi, cook it till gravy become thick.
- When gravy is thick or oil gets separate and add lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot aloo gobhi with poori/rice/paratha.