Aloo Baingan Curry / Baingan Aloo Ki Sabji / Potato Brinjal Stir Fry / Eggplant Potato Curry Recipe
Aloo baingan curry is a very simple to prepare and popular North Indian side dish. It is made with potatoes and brinjals. Aloo baingan ki subji is made with cubed brinjals and potato cooked in a spicy gravy. It is goes well with chapati or paratha or dal-rice.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-5
- Skill Level: Easy
- Baigan (cut into sliced quartered like a flower (leave the base intact))- 5-6 nos.
- Baby Potato (Peel and chopped) – 6-7 nos.
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying – 3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- In a bowl, add garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and dry mango powder, mix well.
- Stuff the baigan with the spice powder mixture.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add the potato and fry the potatoes till its colour changes.
- Add the leftover spice mixture to the potatoes and cook for 6-7 min.
- Add the stuffed baigan, stir and mix the vegetables well.
- Cover and cook it till vegetable gets soft.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot aloo baigan with roti/paratha/rice-dal.