Kathal Ki Sabzi / Dry Jackfruit Subzi / Spicy Kathal Ki Sabzi / How To Make Jackfruit Subzi
Kathal ki sabzi is delicious, tasty and tangy Indian dry curry. Jackfruit is a fleshy, starchy and fibrous fruit. Jackfruit is an excellent source of Vitamin C and antioxidants. Cook jackfruit or kathal in the tomato onion semi dry gravy with Indian spices and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with rice or paratha.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Cooked Raw Jackfruit (remove the pith and seed and cut into cubes)- 2 cup
- Cooked Bengal Gram (wash and soaked for 6-7 hour) – 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 6-7 nos.
- Dry Red Chili – 2 nos.
- Finely Chipped Onion – 1 cup
- Garlic-Ginger Paste – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Tamarind Juice – 2 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seed, curry leaves and dry red chili.
- Fry for 3-4 min.
- Add onion and fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt mix well.
- Add the chana and jackfruit, mix well.
- Fry for 6-7 min.
- Add tamarind juice, garam masala, coriander powder, little salt and red chili powder, mix well.
- Fry for 10 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot dry jackfruit sabzi with rice or paratha.