Chow Chow Curry Recipe / Chayote Squash Stir Fry / Chayote Curry Recipe / Chow Chow Dry Curry
Chow Chow Curry Recipe is a simple and wholesome stir fry of the Chayote Squash Vegetable. In this recipe, the chow chow is steamed and seasoned with a delicate blend of onion, garlic, mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal and curry leaves. It is sure to tickle your taste buds. Chayote is like any summer squash and is quite bland and watery tasting by itself. Chayote fruit is used in mostly cooked forms. Raw chayote may be added to salads or salsas, most often marinated with lemon or lime juice. Whether raw or cooked, chayote is a good source of vitamin C.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Chow chow (cut into medium sized) – 1 big sized
- Chopped Onion – 1 nos.
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 3-4 nos.
- Curry Leaves – 10-11 nos.
- Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Besan Flour – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tbsp
- Channa Dal – 1 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seed, urad dal, channa dal, curry leaves and besan.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Add onion and garlic, fry for 3-4 min.
- Now add turmeric powder, salt and little water, cover and cook for 4-5 min or till gets soft.
- Serve hot chow chow curry with paratha or roti.