Sandesh / Sandesh Mithai Recipe / How To Make Sandesh
Sandesh Mithai Recipe is a traditional Bengali Sweet. It is prepared with freshly prepared chena and garnished with pistachio. Make sure that you prepare fresh paneer / cottage cheese at home. Do not use cottage cheese bought from the market.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Milk – 1 Ltrs.
- Lemon Juice or Vinegar – 1-2 tbsp
- Powder Sugar – 1/8 cup
- Chopped Pistachios – 2 tbsp
- For making chena / paneer / cottage cheese :—-
- Boil the milk in a pan, when milk is boiled, add lemon juice and as soon as you add lemon juice, The curd will start separating from the whey, turn off the heat.
- Once the milk fat has separated from the whey, drain the whey using a strainer line with cheesecloth, or muslin cloth.
- Wrap the curds in a muslin cloth, rinse under cold water, and squeeze well and this process takes out the sourness from the lemon, keep it over night or as long as possible.
- In a grinder, add paneer and powder sugar, make a smooth paste.
- Now transfer this grinded mixture to a nonstick tawa and cook for 10 min.
- Fry it till turn into a nonsticky mixture.
- Add saffron strands and mix well and when the saffron is absorbed and is totally non-sticky it will slightly change its texture and color.
- Switch off at this stage and when it is warm make a small ball and flatten it slightly with your palms.
- Garnish with pistachios.
- Serve chilled sandesh.
SANDESH MITHAI RECIPE was last modified: March 19th, 2014 by