Rasgulla Recipe / Bengali Rasgulla / How To Make Rasgulla / Rossogolla
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Cow’s Milk – 1 Ltrs.
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Maida Flour – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 3-4 cup
- Almond (chopped) – 2-3 tbsp
- For making chena:—-
- Boil the milk in a pan, when milk is boiled, add lemon juice or vinegar and as soon as you add lemon juice, The curd will start separating from the whey, turn off the heat.
- Once the milk fat has separated from the whey, drain the whey using a strainer line with cheesecloth, or muslin cloth.
- Wrap the chena in a muslin cloth, rinse under cold water and squeeze well and this process takes out the sourness from the lemon, keep it aside.
- Take out chena in plate, mash it chena with help of your hands for 7-8 min or add into grinder and grind it for 6 min.
- Knead it make it soft and smooth dough.
- Divide the chena in 10-12 parts and make lemon size balls with the chenna and keep it aside.
- Heat the 21/2 cup of water in pressure cooker on high heat, add sugar and stir it till sugar melts.
- When the syrup is boiled, sugar is melted and put each ball one at a time in the syrup and leave some space for the rasgulla to swell and they will double in size.
- Covered and cook on low flame for 12-15 min.
- Now turn off the gas and allow to cool.
- Take out rasgulla in any big bowl along with sugar syrup.
- Garnish with almond.
- Serve hot or cold.
RASGULLA RECIPE was last modified: February 5th, 2015 by