Sooji Halwa with Pineapple / Pineapple Sheera / Pineapple Sooji Halwa Recipe
Pineapple Sooji Halwa Recipe is made of rawa, pineapple pieces, sugar, ghee and nuts. It is also called Pineapple Suji Halwa / Pineapple Sheera / Pineapple Suji Halwa / Sooji Halwa with Pineapple
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Skill Level: Easy
- Pineapple pieces – 1/2 cup
- Rawa/Sooji/Semolina – 1 cup
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cloves (optional) – 2 nos.
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Saffron strands(soaked in 1 tbl spn warm milk) – 6-7
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Water – 2 cup
- Boil the water in a pan, add pineapple pieces and when cooked, keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add cloves, rawa and fry it till turn golden brown or for 5 mins on a low flame.
- When a nice aroma comes from it, add water and cook (keep stiring to avoid any lumps).
- When water is absorbed, add sugar and cooked pineapple pieces.
- Add saffron or food color and cardamom powder, mix well and cook it till sheera becomes dry.
- Garnish with raisins.
- Serve hot pineapple sooji Halwa.
PINEAPPLE SOOJI HALWA RECIPE was last modified: March 20th, 2014 by