Petha Halwa / Petha Halwa Recipe / Petha Ka Halwa Recipe
Petha Halwa Recipe is a sweet dish prepared with petha, mawa and sugar, flavored with cardamom powder and garnish with almond, kaju and pistachio.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Peeled and Diced Petha – 4 cup
- Grated Mawa – 1 cup
- Green Cardamom – 3-4 nos.
- Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 5-6 tbsp
- Raisins or Kishmish- 3-4 tbsp
- Chopped Almonds or Badam – 4 tbsp
- Chopped Piatschios – 1 -2 tbsp
- Heat the water in a pan on medium flame, add petha and green cardamoms.
- Cover and cook it till petha gets soft.
- Remove the extra water and mash the petha pieces.
- Heat the ghee in heavy bottom pan on medium flame, add mashed petha.
- Stir it continuously.
- Cook it till the puree becomes thicken.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Cook it till mixture becomes thick.
- Add grated mawa and mix well.
- Fry it till the halwa reduces into a deep amber and glossy mixture.
- Garnish with raisins, pista and almonds.
- Serve hot or cold petha halwa.
PETHA HALWA RECIPE was last modified: March 20th, 2014 by