Mysore Pak / Mysore Pak Recipe / How To Make Mysore Pak
Mysore pak is a popular sweet dish from South India, usually served as dessert. Pak is made of generous amounts of ghee or clarified butter, sugar and gram flour. Mysore Pak Recipe is a made with besan flour-gram flour, sugar and ghee. You can be prepared for any special occasion or festival.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Besan Flour or Gram Flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Desi Ghee – 1 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Heat the 1/4 cup of ghee in a nonstick pan on low flame, add besan flour.
- Roast it till gets nice aroma.
- Then sieve it once such that there are no lumps found.
- In a bowl, add 3/4 cup ghee with roasted besan flour and mix well.
- The ghee besan mixture will be slightly in pouring consistency and keep aside for 15-20 mins.
- Heat the water in a nonstick pan on low flame, add sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Check for one-thread consistency (If you take the sugar syrup between the thumb and the index finger a single thread will form thats the correct consistency).
- Now add the besan-ghee mixture to the sugar syrup.
- Now add the remaining 1/4 cup ghee in intervals to avoid drying and mix well.
- Keep stirring continuously and mixture will not be sticky anymore.
- Remove from flame and pour in a well greased plate.
- Press the top level lightly and allow to cool about 1 hour.
- Cut into square or diamond shape.