Split Green Gram Pudding / Moong Dal Payasam Recipe
Moong Dal Payasam Recipe is a favourite of the South Indians. Moong dal and rice cooked in milk with jaggery, flavored with cardamom powder and garnish with kaju and raisins. Moong daal Payasam is one such healthy dessert, you can eat anytime.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Moong Dal (without skin) – 11/2 cup
- Rice (soaked in a water for 2 hour) – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery or Gur – 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coconut Milk – 11/2 cup
- Milk – 11/2 cup
- Chopped Kaju or Cashew Nut – 2 tbsp
- Raisins or Kishmish – 2 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- In a grinder, add soaked rice and make a fine paste, keep aside.
- Heat the 3 cups of water in a thick bottomed pan, add moong dal.
- Cook it till the dal half cooked.
- Add the coconut milk, jaggery and salt, mix well.
- Cook for a further 3-4 min.
- Add the ground rice paste and mix well.
- Stir to continuously to avoid it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the milk and cook it till mixture becomes thick.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 min.
- Garnish with fried raisins and cashewnuts.
- Serve hot or cold moong dal payasam .
MOONG DAL PAYASAM RECIPE was last modified: March 19th, 2014 by