Makhana Patti / Makhana Chikki / Makhana Pag
Makhana Chikki is a very popular sweet in North India. It is very delicious and tasty chikki recipe. It is made during Janmashtami festival as a prasad. Makhana chikki is made of makahana or lotus seed and sugar.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Makhana (cut into 2 parts) – 2 cup
- Desi Ghee – 1 cup
- Suagr – 2 cup
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add makhana and fry it till they turns light golden brown.
- Heat the pan on medium flame, add sugar and 1/2 cup of water and keep mixing well till the sugar melts well and start turning brown.
- Add the fried makhana and mix well.
- Take the mixture in a spoon and pour in a well greased plate.
- Spread the little saffron stands and press the top level lightly and grease the roller with ghee and roll out the mixture increasing its size in the same shape.
- Mark the chikki into square or diamond shape you want while its still hot and pieces can be broken in the same shapes.
- Store the makhana patti in an airtight jar.
MAKHANA CHIKKI was last modified: March 19th, 2014 by