Gujarati Lapsi Recipe / Lapsi Recipe / How To Make Lapsi
Lapsi Recipe is a different in taste and healthy dish. Lapsi is a traditional Gujarati sweet often served up on auspicious occasions. It has goodness of broken wheat and the flavour of cardamom powder. Roasted Broken Wheat cooked with milk, flavored with cardamom powder and garnished with almond and raisins.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Broken Wheat – 1 cup
- Hot Water as needed –
- Chopped Almond – 2-3 tbsp
- Sugar as per taste – 3/4 cup
- Raisin – 15 nos.
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tbsp
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 3/4 cup
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add the broken wheat.
- Fry it till it turns little golden brown.
- Add hot water, cook till most of the water has evaporated and add more water if the wheat is not tender enough.
- Add the sugar, ghee and 1/2 cup water.
- Stir continuously and cook on a low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and raisins.
- Serve hot lapsi.