Karachi Halwa / Karachi Halwa Recipe / Rubber Halwa
Karachi Halwa is a popular Sindhi dessert. Corn flour cooked with water, flavored with cardamom powder and garnish with kaju, walnut and almond. It is very unique halwa as compared to rest of the halwa’s. It is also called Rubber Halwa.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Corn flour – 11/4 cup
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Chopped Kaju – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Walnuts – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 21/2 tbsp
- Water – 5 tbsp
- Edible Red/Green/Orange Colour – 1-2 drop
- Few drops kewra essence –
- Chopped Almond – 1/4 cup
- In a big bowl, add cornflour and 3/4 cup of water, mix well.
- Heat the 1 cup of water in a pan on medium flame, add sugar and boil it.
- Add edible colour and mix.
- Reduce heat to medium, add a little cornflour mixture and stir continuously.
- When it boils add a little cornflour mixture again.
- Cook till mixture is thickened and starts sticking.
- Add half cup of ghee to it and mix well.
- When ghee is absorbed, again add half cup of ghee and let it absorb.
- Take one teaspoon of mixture onto a plate, cool it and if it does not stick to the plate, remove pan from heat.
- Remove from flame and pour in a well greased plate.
- Smoothen the top level and garnish with walnuts, almond and kaju.
- Press the top level lightly and allow to cool.
- Cut into square or diamond shape.
- Serve when cool.
KARACHI HALWA RECIPE was last modified: March 20th, 2014 by