Peanut Chikki / Groundnut Chikki Recipe
Groundnut Chikki Recipe is a traditional Indian Sweet. Peanut Chikki is usually made by roasted peanut-ground nut mix with jaggery-gur syrup. Peanut Chikki is also called Shengdana Chikki / Peanut Chikki. Peanut Chikki is a rich in protein and iron.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Peanut – 11/2 cup
- Grated Gur – 11/2 cup
- Desi Ghee – 3-4 tbsp
- Roast the peanuts on a medium flame and remove the skin.
- In a grinder, add roasted peanut and make a coarse powder, keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add gur and allow to melt.
- Stir continuously.
- Once the gur dissolves completely, add peanut pieces and mix well.
- Take the mixture in a spoon and pour in a well greased plate.
- Press the top level lightly and grease the roller with ghee and roll out the mixture increasing its size in the same shape.
- Mark the chikki into square or diamond shape you want while its still hot and pieces can be broken in the same shapes.
- Store the peanut chikki in an airtight jar.
GROUNDNUT CHIKKI RECIPE was last modified: March 19th, 2014 by