Easy Basundi Recipe / Sweetened Milk Recipe / Basundi Recipe
Easy Basundi Recipe is very popular recipe in Gujarat and Maharashtra. Basundi is a rich and delicious dessert of thickened milk. Thickened the milk with sugar, flavored with cardamom powder and saffron and garnish with almond and pista.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Skill Level: Easy
- Milk – 2 Litr
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Chopped Almond-Badam – 2-3 tbsp
- Chopped Pistas-Pistachio – 2-3 tbsp
- Crushed Saffron Strands – 30 gm
- Nutmeg Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – 11/2 tbsp
- In a pan on low heat, add milk and boil it.
- Keep stirring continuously and cook it till becomes thick and the quantity of the milk is become just approximately half then remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Add sugar and cook till sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add saffron threads, cardamom powder and nutmeg powders.
- Stir well and cook for 3-4 minutes and remove from flame.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio.
- Serve hot basundi with poori or chill serve as a Dessert.
EASY BASUNDI RECIPE was last modified: March 21st, 2014 by