Dates Halwa / Dates Halwa Recipe
- Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: -3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Seedless Dates – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Desi Ghee – 1 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Almond-Badam – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Kaju-Cashew Nut – 2 tbsp
- Saffron – few stand –
- Soak the dates in hot water, for 1-2 hour.
- Remove the extra water and keep aside.
- In a grinder, add soaked dates and little milk, make fine paste.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom pan on medium flame, add dates paste.
- Fry for 4-5 min and keep aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan, add sugar and little water, mix well.
- When it reaches one thread consistency, add the fried date paste and mix well.
- Cook further till the mixture become little thick.
- While cooking, keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Add saffron and mix well.
- Garnish with kaju and almonds.
- Serve hot dates halwa.
DATES HALWA RECIPE was last modified: March 19th, 2014 by