Churma Laddu Recipe / Churma Laddu / Rajasthani Churma Ladoo Recipe
Churma laddu recipe is a traditional Rajasthani Sweet. Churma is the powdered form which is also made into laddus. Churma is coarsely ground wheat flour that is prepared with mawa, ghee, almond and sugar. They can be stored in a container for 15-20 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Wheat Flour (Atta) – 1 cup
- Desi Ghee (for dough) – 1/2 cup
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 1/2 cup
- Grated Mawa-Khoya – 1/2 cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1 cup
- Green Cardamom – 3-4 nos.
- Milk – little amount
- Finely Chopped Almond-Badam and Pistachio-Pista – 1/4 cup
- In a bowl, add wheat flour and ghee, make dough using very little milk.
- Make 15-20 balls out of that dough and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on low flame, slide balls one by one into ghee, very carefully and fry it till the balls turns little golden brown.
- Remove all the balls out of pan, keep them in a seprate plate and allow them to cool.
- In a grinder, add all the balls and grind them, make a fine powder
- Add mawa into that powder and mix well.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add cardamom, almond and pistachio, fry for 2-3 min.
- Add the powder that we prepared (wheat flour and mawa mix) into the pan and then fry the mixture for 2-3 min more.
- When the mixture is still warm grease your palm with ghee and start making small balls with the mixture.
- Allow those balls to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.