Besan Halwa / Besan Halwa Recipe
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Besan Flour – 11/4 cup
- Milk – 11/4 cup
- Desi Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Green Cardamom Powder – 4 nos.
- Chopped Pistachios – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Almond – 1 tbsp
- In a bowl, add milk and besan, mix well.
- Make a paste and cover it, keep aside for 10-15 min.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add besan mixture.
- Cook for 3-4 min or till gets light brown color.
- Turn the besan upside down and cook the other side for 2-3 min so that it gets light brown color as well.
- With the help of spoon, mash the besan and stir constantly.
- Fry it till gets brown color and you get to smell good aroma.
- Add 11/4 cup of water in roasted besan and mix well.
- Cook it till you gets thick consistency and ghee starts separating from it.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with pistachios and almond.
- Serve hot besan halwa.
BESAN HALWA RECIPE was last modified: March 19th, 2014 by