Beetroot Halwa / Beetroot Halwa Recipe
Beetroot Halwa Recipe is a delicious Indian Dessert or Sweet. Grated Beetroot cooked with milk, flavored with cardamom powder and garnish with kaju and raisins. Beetroot halwa is easy to prepare and tastes great. You can serve with ice cream.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Grated Beet Root – 2 cup
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Milk – 2 cup
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Cashewnuts and Raisins (chopped and fried) – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add grated beetroot.
- Stir continuously.
- Cook it till the beetroot becomes dry and soft.
- Add ghee and mix well, so that the ghee coats the beetroot well.
- Add sugar and milk, mix well and allow the mixture to cook well with occasional stirring.
- Add cardamom powder and cook for 20-30 min or till becomes thick.
- Garnish with kaju and rasins.
- Serve hot beetroot halwa over a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
BEETROOT HALWA RECIPE was last modified: March 20th, 2014 by