Banana Pua Recipe / Sweet Poori Recipe / Banana Fritters Recipe
Banana Pua Recipe is few ingredient sweet dish and very easy to make.Banana fritters are deep fried in ghee, made with banana, atta, green chili, cumin seed and other ingredients. Banana Fritters are generally made when the bananas get too ripe. It is sweet and salty in taste.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Wheat Flour (Atta) – 1 cup
- Besan Flour – 1/2 cup
- Ripe Bananas – 3-4 nos.
- Chopped Green Chili – 3 nos.
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – as per taste
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – for frying
- In a grinder, add banana and sugar, make a fine paste, keep aside.
- In a big bowl, add atta, 1 tbsp of ghee, besan, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, banana paste and little salt, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Divide it in 12 equal portion and make a smooth ball without any cracks and flatten it between your palms roll it in a circle of 2 ½ – 3 inch diameter.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, slide the poori carefully and press very gently with spatula when it tries to come on top and puff up.
- After it puffs up, turn on other side and fry till turn little brown.
- Serve hot poori with curd.