Malpua / Banana Malpua Recipe
Banana Malpua Recipe is very popular in Northern part of India. To make pua-pancake mix condensed milk, dry fruits, coconut, cardamom powder, sugar and banana into maida-all purpose flour. There are many flavours of malpua such as banana malpua, plain malpua, mango malpua etc.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Maida (Fine flour) – 2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Banana – 3 nos.
- Grated Cocnut – 1 cup
- Dry Fruits (Kishmish, Chopped Badam) – 2 tbsp
- Green Cardamom – Elachi Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Milk – 1 ltrs.
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – For Frying
- Kaju – 3 tbsp
- Boil the milk and stir it till it becomes thick and allow cool, keep aside.
- In the big bowl, add condensed milk, maida, sugar, dry fruits , coconut and elachi powder.
- Stir it till it becomes a very thick paste.
- In a grinder, add banana and kaju, make a fine paste.
- Add it into the maida paste and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, take a ladle full of maida batter and pour in that pan in circular shape. It is very important to take care that this is of thickness of a cookie. It means that it should be sufficiently thick and * Note* thin. If it is thin then it will break while frying and you will not be able to make malpua.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Garnish with pistachio.
- Serve hot or cold malpua with rabri.