Balushahi Recipe / Badusha Recipe / Balushahi (Indian Buttermilk Donut)
Balushahi Recipe is a traditional Indian Sweet in Northern Indian. Balushahi is made of maida flour, baking soda, curd, ghee and sugar. Balushahi are made from a stiff dough made with maida-all purpose flour, ghee and a pinch of baking soda. Make a peda like flatten discs shape with hands, fry in ghee and soak in thick sugar syrup for sugar coating and garnish with pista and almond. Balushahi is slightly flaky texture.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Maida – 4 cup
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 3/4 cup
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tbsp
- Sugar – 3 cup
- Oil for frying –
- Chopped Pista and Almond – 2-3 tbsp
- In a bowl, add flour, baking powder, curd and ghee, mix well.
- Add enough warm water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Divide it in 12 equal lemon size ball and make it round with both your palms and press it like pressing a Peda and make a crater with your thumb on both sides.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on low flame, add maida flour ball.
- Fry it till they turns golden browm and keep aside.
- Heat 11/2 cup of water in a pan, add sugar and mix well, make a chasani with 2 thread.
- Turn off the gas and put the Balushahi’s in it.
- After soaking Balushahi’s for 3-4 min take them out one by one using tongs and keep them on a plate.
- Remove from syrup.
- Garnish with pista and almond.
- Store them at room temperature.