Alsi Ladoo / Alsi Ka Ladoo Recipes / Alsi Pinni / Alsi Ke Ladoo Recipe
Alsi Ka Ladoo Recipes is a very traditional ladoos recipe made with alsi-flax seeds, wheat flour, jaggery-gur, gond and nuts. Flax seeds is one of the more nutritious seeds. It is a high source of Omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidant and fiber.
- Skill Level: Medium
- Flax Seeds/Alsi – 2 cup
- Wheat flour – 2 cup
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 2 cup
- Jagger or Sugar – 31/2 cup
- Chopped Almond-Badam – 3 tbsp
- Chopped Kaju-Cashew Nut – 3 tbsp
- Raisins-Kishmish – 3 tbsp
- Gond (Edible Gum) – 1 cup
- Cardamom (grind it) – 12-13 nos.
- Put the alsi in a dry pan and roast it till alsi make twisting sound while getting roasted and keep aside allow to cool .
- In a grinder, add roasted alsi and make a coarse powder, keep asdie.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add wheat flour and fry it till turns little brown and leaves the fragrance, keep aside and allow to cool.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add gond and fry it till turns golden brown, keep aside and allow to cool.
- In a grinder, add roasted gond and make a coarse powder, keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add alsi coarse powder and fry it till turns brown and leaves the fragrance, keep aside.
- Heat the water in a pan on medium flame, add jaggery or sugar and 11/2 cups of water, stir the mixture it till the sugar dissolves completely into the water.
- Test the syrup by putting it between your forefinger and thumb. If the syrup leaves a string while parting the two, then it means the syrup is ready. Turn off the flame.
- Add roasted wheat flour, roasted alsi, almond, cardamom powder, kaju, raisins, gond and mix well.
- Allow to cool.
- When the mixture is still warm grease your palm with ghee and start making small balls or square shape with the mixture.
- Allow those balls to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
ALSI KA LADOO RECIPES was last modified: February 5th, 2015 by