Whole Moong Dal Cutlet / Moong Dal Ke Cutlet / Moong Dal Ke Fingers / Moong Dal Ke Kebab
Whole moong dal cutlets is a crisp and easy to make starter recipe. It is perfect as a party starter or an evening snacks. Cutlets is made of by using mashed potatoes, soaked moong dal, bread crumbs, coriander leaves, green chili and spices. Potato has been used for binding the kebab. You can serve with green coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Moong Dal (soak for 3-4 hour in water) – 1/2 cup
- Potato (boil and mash) – 2 nos.
- Bread Crumbs – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tbsp
- Hing – a pinch
- Grated Ginger – 1/4 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 2 nos.
- Salt as per taste –
- In a bowl, add mashed potatoes, soaked moong dal, bread crumbs, coriander leaves, coriander powder, red chili powder, dry mango powder, garam masala, hing, green chili and and salt, mix well.
- Knead with your hands to prepare the mix.
- Take some mixture in your hand and roll it, give it a round shape.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, slide the cutlets in the oil.
- Fry it till the cutlets turns little golden brown.
- Serve hot whole moong dal cutlet with green coriander chutney.