Shakarkandi Ki Tikki / Sweet Potato Patties / Sweet Potato Tikki Recipe
Shakarkandi ki tikki is a tasty, easy to prepare and one more recipe for the navratri fast or vrat. Sweet potato patties is made of sweet potato, ginger-garlic paste, corn flour or buckwheat flour, chaat masala, dry mango powder, lemon juice, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, garam masala and salt or rock salt. You can enjoy with any chutney or sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Sweet Potato (unpeeled) – 4-5 nos.
- Ginger-Green Chili Paste – 1 tbsp
- Corn Flour (non fasting) or Buckwheat Flour (fasting) – 2 tbsp
- Chaat Masala – 1 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt or Rock Salt (for fasting) as per taste
- Oil for frying
- Wash the sweet potato and cook in the pressure cooker.
- Cook it till it becomes soft, peel and mash it, keep aside.
- In a bowl, add mashed sweet potato, ginger-garlic paste, corn flour, chaat masala, dry mango powder, lemon juice, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, garam masala and salt, mix well.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into tikkis or patties.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame for deep frying, slide the sweet potato tikkis.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown and crisp from both sides.
- You also do shallow fry in tawa (if do not want more oily).
- Serve sweet potato tikki with chutney or sauce.