Raw Jackfruit Cutlet / Kathal Ke Kabab / Kathal Tikka Recipe / Raw Jackfruit Kabab
Raw jackfruit cutlet is healthy snack or starter. Kathal cutlet is made by using mashed jack fruit and potatoes with paneer, arrowroot, salt, coriander powder, red chili powder, green chili, ginger paste and coriander leaves. You can serve as a breakfast or as evening snack along with tea. Serve with tomato sauce or green chutney. If you want less oil, then you do shallow fry.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Jack Fruit (boil and mash) – 1 cup
- Paneer – 1/2 cup
- Potato (Boil and mash) – 2 big nos.
- Corn Flour or Arrowroot – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 1-2 nos.
- Ginger Paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Oil for Deepfrying –
- In a bowl, add mashed jack fruit and potatoes, mix well.
- Add paneer, arrowroot, salt, coriander powder, red chili powder, green chili, ginger paste and coriander leaves, mix well.
- Take some of the mixture and give it your desired shape or round or tikkis.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame for deep frying, slide the 3-4 tikkis.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown and crisp from both sides.
- You also do shallow fry in tawa (if do not want more oily).
- Serve hot jackfruit tikkis with any your favorite chutney or tomato sauce.