Pav Bhaji Recipe / Pav Bhaji Masala / How To Make Mumbai Pav Bhaji Recipe
Pav bhaji recipe is a Maharashtrian fast food dish that originated in Mumbai cuisine. It has now become popular in most metropolitan areas in India. Pav bhaji consists of bhaji and butter fried pav. The pav-bhaji is a spicy preparation with a mixture or mashed of vegetables such as potato, capsicum, cauliflower, pea, pumpkin, beans, carrot and made into a thick gravy after adding diced tomatoes and onion, flavour with pav bhaji masala and garnish with coriander leaves, sliced onion, dash of lemon and toppings of butter.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Big Potato – 2 nos.
- Chopped Cauliflower – 1 cup
- Peas – 1/4 cup
- Pumpkin – 1/4 cup
- Beans – 1/2 cup
- Carrot – 1 nos.
- Oil for frying –
- Chopped Green Chilies – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Garlic-Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Capsicum – 1/2 cup
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsbp
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 11/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Finely Chopped Tomatoes – 2 nos.
- Lemon Juice to taste –
- Butter –
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Wash and chop potatoes, capsicum, cauliflower, peas, pumpkin, beans and carrot, cook in pressure cooker with small amount of water and salt.
- Cook it till vegetable gets soft and drain extra water and keep aside.
- Mash all the cooked vegetables using a masher.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add green chilies and onions and saute for 4 min.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for another 3 min.
- Add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala and salt, mix well.
- Add the tomatoes and cook it till gets soft.
- Add the mashed vegetables and cook on high flame for 2-3 min and cook till gravy becomes thicken.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot bhaji with lightly toasted pav or bread, sliced onion, dash of lemon and toppings of butter.