Mixed Vegetable Cutlets / Vegetable Cutlet Recipe / How To Make Vegetable Cutlets
Mixed vegetable cutlets is delicious Indian appetizer recipe. It is crispy from the outside and soft from inside. For making Vegetable cutlets, make the mixture of mashed potato, beans, carrot, green chili, ginger, onion, salt and spices. After that make round shape or any desire shape from that mixture. Dip these cutlet in corn flour-water solution and coat them with bread crumbs. Then deep fry them. Serve with tomato sauce or chutney.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Potato (boiled and mashed) – 2 medium size
- Finely Chopped Beans – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Carrot – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Onion -1 medium
- Chopped Green chilli -1-2 nos.
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Cornflour – 2 tbsp
- Bread crumbs – 1/ cup
- Oil for Deepfrying
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seed and when it splutters .
- Add onion and green chili, fry it for 4-5 min.
- Add beans and carrot, cook it till vegetable gets soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and garam masala, mix well.
- Add the mashed potato and mix well.
- Keep aside and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, add corn flour and 4-5 tbsp of water, make a thin batter and keep aside.
- Take small amount of mixture and give it round or oval or any desire shape.
- Dip the cutlet in a cornflour-water mixture for a second so that bread crumbs can get stick to it.
- Coat it with bread crumbs on both the sides..
- Press slightly with hands and place in a plate.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick tawa or pan on medium flame, place the cutlet.
- Shallow fry it till they turns crisp and little golden brown on both side (If you want you can do deep fry).
- Serve hot vegetable cutlets with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.