Mirchi Bajji Recipe / Chilli Bajji / Mirapakaya Bajji / Milagai Bajji
Mirchi Bajji Recipe is a very popular street snack in India. Mirchi Bajji is a South and North Indian snacks prepared from long green chilies. Slit the chilies length wise with a knife, coat it with gramflour, baking soda and spices batter and then fry in the vegetable oil. You can make this bajji with or without stuffing. If you want to make without stuffing, then you put little tamarind extract or mashed mango pickled masala in the slit. If you want to make with stuffing then you can use mashed mixture (boiled potato, dry mango powder and salt) as stuffing material.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Long green chillies – 10 nos.
- Gram flour – 2 cup
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 2 tbsp
- Ajwain Powder – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for deep frying –
- Wash green chilies, make a slit on one side and remove the seeds (if you want spicy then can leave the seeds).
- Heat the water in a pan, add salt and green chili and boil for 4-5 min.
- In a bowl, add gram flour, salt, baking soda, mix well and make thick batter.
- In a another bowl, add cumin powder, ajwain and salt, mix well and apply this mixture inside the slit green chili or tamarind extract or mashed mango pickled masala.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, dip the chili one by one in the gramflour batter.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown colour.
- Serve hot mirchi bajji with green chutney.