Kacche Kele Ki Tikki / Raw Banana Kebab Recipe / Raw Banana Tikki / How To Make Raw Banana Tikki / Kachcha Kele Ki Cutlet
Kacche kela ki tikki is is healthy snack or starter during Navratri fasting or vrat. Raw banana cutlet is made by using mashed potato and banana with salt or rock salt, onion, black pepper, ginger paste, besan flour or buckwheat flour and coriander leaves. You can serve as a breakfast or as evening snack along with tea. During fasting serve along with tamrind chutney. When if not fasting then serve with tomato sauce or green chutney. If you want less oil, then you do shallow fry.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Raw Banana (Peel, boil and mash) – 5 nos.
- Potato (Peel, boil and mash) – 2-3 nos.
- Ginger Paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Besan Flour or Buckwheat Flour – 2 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt or Rock Salt as per taste –
- Black Pepper as per taste –
- Chopped Green Chili – 1/4 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/4 cup
- In a bowl, add mashed potato and banana with salt, onion, green chili, red chili powder, black pepper, besan flour, dry mango powder, ginger paste and coriander leaves, mix well.
- Mix all the ingredients well knead them as you would knead a dough.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into tikkis.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame for deep frying, slide the tikkis.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown and crisp from both sides.
- You also do shallow fry in tawa (if do not want more oily).
- Serve hot banana tikkis with chutney or tomato sauce.