Golden Fried Baby Corn / Golden Fry Baby Corn / Baby Corn Fry
Golden fried baby corn is an easy recipe to prepare with baby corns. Dip sliced baby corn in maida and cornflour spicy batter. Deep fry it till turns little golden brown. Serve hot with the tomato chutney. Enjoy this Golden fried baby corn on a rainy evening with family and friends.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Baby Corn (wash and cut it into two parts) – 10-12 nos.
- Salt as per taste –
- Maida – 1/2 cup
- Corn Flour – 1 tbsp
- Curd – 1 tbsp
- Green Chili – 2 nos.
- Ginger – 11/2 inch
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Baking Soda – 1 pinch
- Oil for frying –
- In a bowl, add baby corns and salt, mix well and keep aside for 10-15 min.
- In a grinder, add ginger, green chili and curd, make a paste.
- In a bowl, add maida, corn flour and curd mixture, make a batter with the help of water and the consistency of the batter should be equal to that of idli mixture.
- Add salt and baking soda into the batter and mix well, whisk the batter thoroughly with the spoon.
- Wash the baby corns with fresh water and keep them on the strainer to remove the water.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, take one baby corn piece and dip it into the batter and cover the corn with the batter from all the sides and slide into the pan.
- Fry it till both sides turns little golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot fried baby corns with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.