Crispy Chana Dal Vada Recipe / Chana Dal Vada / Masala Vada Recipe / Chana Dal Vada Recipe
Crispy Chana Dal Vada Recipe is a very popular recipe. These are usually made on the festival days. Chana dal is the main ingredient of this food. It is made of chana dal, rawa, onion, chill, garlic and spices. It is a crunchy and delicious vada recipe.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Channa Dal – 1 cup
- Rice flour or Rava – 1 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds(Sombu) – 1.5 tbsp
- Red Chillies – 2 tbsp
- Finally Chopped Garlic – 6-7 nos.
- Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Finally Chopped Coriander leaves – 3-4 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for deep frying –
- Wash the channa dal and soak for 2 to 3 hrs., then drain the water and keep aside.
- In a grinder, add channa dal, garlic, red chillies, ginger and fennel seeds and make coarse paste and keep aside.
- Add few whole dal in the coarse paste and transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Add chopped onions, sooji, coriander leaves, salt and mix well.
- Do not add water, it will look crumbly but will get together easily.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame for deep frying, make equal sized small balls and gentely drop in the hot oil for deep-frying.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- Serve hot channa dal vada with green chutney.