Chilli Paneer Gravy Recipe is an Indian Chinese recipe. It is a two stage preparation, the first stage requires preparing a spiced corn flour batter, dipping paneer cubes in it and deep frying it till it turns little golden brown. In the second stage, the deep fried paneer are mixed with manchurian sauce which is made of ginger, garlic, green chili, onion, tomato ketchup, capsicum, soy sauce and vinegar. Chilli paneer gravy can be served with variety of rice dishes like Chinese fried rice or Szechuan fried rice or plain rice.
- Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
For Making Batter:—–
- Maida (Fine flour) – 2 tbsp
- Corn flour – 4 tbsp
- Paneer (cut into cubes) – 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
For Manchurian Sauce:—-
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 4-5 nos.
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 5-6 nos.
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1 inch
- Finely Chopped Green Onion – 1 nos.
- Cornflour (For Sauce) – 3 tbsp
- Green Capsicum (diced) – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Soy Sauce – 11/2 tbsp
- Green chili sauce – 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Water – 2 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Finely Chopped Spring Onion – 3-4 tbsp
- In a bowl, add maida flour, corn flour, salt, ginger paste and garlic paste with 1/4 cup water, make a thick batter.
- Add paneer cubes in batter, mix well and let them marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in pan for deep frying on medium flame, slide marinated paneer cubes.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown and keep aside.
- For making Manchurian sauces:—- In a bowl, add corn flour and water, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add ginger, garlic, green onion and green chilies.
- Fry for 2-3 min.
- Add capsicum and onion, fry for 4-5 min.
- Add soya sauce, tomato ketchup, chili sauce and salt, mix well.
- Stir corn flour mixture and then add it to sauce.
- Let it cook for few minutes or till it thickens.
- Add vinegar and water, mix well.
- If you want gravy, add 11/2 cup or dry, add 1/2 cup of water.
- Add fried paneer and mix well.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Serve hot chilli paneer gravy with rice or as starter with tomato ketchup