Baby Corn Manchurian / Baby Corn Manchurian Recipe / Baby Corn Manchurian Dry Recipe
Baby corn Manchurian is an easy to make Indo-Chinese appetizer recipe. This is a crispy, crunchy and a dry version of baby corn Manchurian. You can serve this as a starter or as a brunch snack. Manchurian is a two stage preparation, the first stage requires preparing a spiced corn flour batter, dipping baby corn in it and deep frying it till it turns little golden brown. In the second stage, the deep fried baby corns are mixed with Manchurian sauce which is made of onion, green chilli, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar and vegetable stock. If you want gravy Manchurian, then baby corn fritters are dipped in a thick soup like spicy gravy made of corn flour and water. Dry Manchurian can be served as a starter with ketchup and the Gravy Manchurian can be served with variety of rice dishes like Chinese fried rice or Szechuan fried rice.
- Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
For Making Batter:—–
- Baby Corn (cut in lengthwise pieces) – 15-16
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Maida or All Fine Flour – 1/4 tbsp
- Cornflour – 4 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying –
For Manchurian Sauce:—-
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 4-5 nos.
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 5-6 nos.
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1 inch
- Finely Chopped Green Onion – 1 nos.
- Soya Sauce – 2 tbsp
- Green Capsicum (diced) – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Green chili sauce – 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Cornflour (For Sauce) – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Finely Chopped Spring Onion – 1 tbsp
- In a large bowl, add salt, baby corn, black pepper, maida and corn flour and mix well.
- Add water sufficient, only to cover up the baby corn and keep aside for 15-20 min.
- Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying on medium heat, add coated baby corn.
- Fry it till it turns little golden brown.
- Remove them on paper towel lined dish.
- For making sauces:—- In a bowl, add corn flour and water mix, keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add ginger, garlic, green onion and green chilies.
- Fry for -3 min.
- Add capsicum and onion, fry for 4-5 min.
- Add soya sauce tomato ketchup, chili sauce and salt, mix well.
- Stir corn flour mixture and then add it to sauce.
- Let it cook for few minutes or till it thickens.
- Add vinegar and water, mix well.
- Add fried baby corn and mix well.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Serve hot baby corn manchurian with rice or as starter with tomato ketchup .