Aloo Tikki Recipe / Recipe For Aloo Tikki / Potato Patty Recipe / How To Make Aloo Tikki
Aloo tikki recipe is a north Indian snack. Aloo tikki is a basically made of mashed potato and pea mixed with coriander leaves, green chili and spices, deep-fried in oil till turns little golden brown. It is found in almost every chaat shop or stall in Delhi as well as in other parts of India. It is served hot tikkis along with tamarind or coriander-mint chutney.
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Potato (boiled and mashed) – 1 cup
- Green peas (boiled and mashed) – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 2 nos.
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 3-4 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Bread crumbs (for coating) – 1/4 cup
- Oil for frying –
- In a bowl, add potato, pea, green chili, coriander leaves, red chili powder, chaat masala and lemon juice, mix well.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into tikkis.
- Take small amount of mixture and give it round or oval or any desire shape.
- Coat it with bread crumbs on both the sides.
- Press slightly with hands and place in a plate.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame for shallow frying, place the tikkis.
- Shallow fry it till turns little golden brown and crisp from both sides.
- You also do deep fry in pan.
- Serve hot aloo tikkis with chutney.