Aloo Chana Tikki Recipe / Aloo Tikki Chana Dal / Aloo Tikki Chaat Recipe
Aloo chana tikki recipe is one of the most common mouth-watering street foods. This tongue tickling aloo tikki chaat recipe uses stuffed spicy tikki and serve with chutneys. The spiced potato patties are flattened and stuffed with chole and spices , fry it till turns little golden brown. If you want less oil, then baked or shallow fry the tikki.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 4-5
- Skill Level: Medium
- Potato (Boil, Peel and Mash) – 6-7 nos.
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Bread Crumbs – 1/2 cup
For Filling:—- –
- Cooked Channa dal – 1 cup
- Grated Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Grated Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 1-2 tbsp
- Cumin Seed Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for frying –
- For making filling:—
- In a bowl, add cooked channa dal and mash it with hands or masher, keep aside.
- In a bowl, mashed channa dal, ginger, garlic, green chili, cumin seed powder, coriander leaves and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- In a another bowl, add potato, turmeric powder, green chili, garam masala, bread crumbs and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Take 1 tbsp of potato mixture, spread on palm and place 1 tbsp of dal mixture in centre.
- Roll as to keep dal mixture inside and potato out.
- Press gently into rounded flattish tikki.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame for deep frying, slide the aloo channa tikkis.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown and crisp from both sides.
- You also do shallow fry in tawa (if do not want more oily).
- Serve hot aloo channa tikki with tamarind or green chutney.