Pumpkin Kheer / Pumpkin Kheer Recipe / Kaddu ki Kheer Recipe
Pumpkin Kheer Recipe is made of boiled pumpkin, milk and dry fruits. Mashed Pumpkin cooked in milk and garnished with cashew nuts, almond and raisins. Pumpkin Kheer is made usually during navratri fasts and festivals.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Pumpkin/Kaddu (boil and mash) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 Ltrs.
- Chopped Almond – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Kaju – 1 tbsp
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 2 tbsp
- Heat ghee in a pan on medium flame, add boil and mash pumpkin and sugar.
- Fry it for 5-7 min.
- Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add raisins, almond and kaju.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown and keep aside.
- Boil the milk for 15 min or till it becomes thick.
- Keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Add the fried pumpkin and mix well.
- Garnish with fried raisins, almond and kaju.
- Serve hot or cold pumpkin kheer .
PUMPKIN KHEER RECIPE was last modified: March 21st, 2014 by