Pistachio Burfi Recipe / Pistachio Fudge Recipe
Pistachio Burfi Recipe is made of unsalted pista and milk powder. Pistachio Burfi is an ideal dish on any festival or occasion. You can store this burfi in refrigerator for 7 – 10 days. Pistachio Burfi Recipe is also called Pista Burfi/Pistachio Fudge/Pistachio Burfi .
- Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Unsalted Pista/Pistachios – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Ghee – 3-4 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Milk Powder – 1/2 cup
- Eatable Green Colour – 1-2 drop
- Carefully sort the shelled pista.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add the pista.
- Roast it for 1-2 min.
- Remove it and allow to cool completely.
- When completely cooled, add in to dry grinder and make crumbly powder that resembles bread crumbs.
- Do not grind too much as the oils will get released.
- Transfer the pista powder into a large bowl.
- Add the powdered cardamoms, green colour and milk powder, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the 1/4 cup of water on a medium flame, add sugar.
- Stir it till the solution reduces a little.
- When it has reached a 1 thread consistency, remove from the fire.
- Add the pista powder and mix quickly.
- Pour in a well greased plate and smoothen the top level.
- Press the top level lightly and allow to cool.
- Cut into square or diamond shape.