Mawa Barfi Recipe / Khoya Barfi Recipe / Khoye Ki Barfi Recipe
Mawa khoya barfi recipe is a traditional Indian sweet dish recipe with creamy rich khoya sweetened and then flavored with cardamom powder or elaichi. Mawa Barfi Recipe is made by using mawa-khoya, sugar, cardamom powder and ghee. There are so many burfi varieties popular in all over India. This can be made in any festival, prasadam and fasting. This is also called Mawa Barfi Sweet or Mawa Burfi Recipe or Khoya Burfi or Khoya Barfi or Khoya Burfi recipe or Mawa-Khoya Barfi or Mawa Burfee.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Mawa – 3 cup
- Sugar – 11/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 3 tbsp
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom pan on medium flame, add grated mawa or khoya.
- When mawa melted then add sugar.
- Cook on low flame it till the mixture becomes thick.
- while cooking, keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Remove from flame and pour in a well greased plate.
- Smoothen the top level.
- Press the top level lightly and allow to cool in refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Cut into square or diamond shape.