Makhana Ki Kheer Recipe / Lotus Seeds Kheer / Makhana Kheer Recipe
Makhana ki kheer recipe is very delicious Kheer recipe. It is made by using makhana, milk, sugar and nuts. Makhana is rich in protein and calcium. Makhane ki kheer is a dessert that is often made during navratri fasting or vrat. Makhana Kheer is a sweet dish recipe with makhana cooked in sweetened milk and garnish with almond, kaju and raisins.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Makhana (fried and grinded in small pieces) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 Ltrs,
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Kaju – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Almond – 1 tbsp
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add makhana.
- Fry it for 4-5 min and remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a grinder, add roasted makhana and grind it in small pieces.
- Boil the milk for 15 min. or untill it becomes thicker and keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Add the grinded makhana and mix well.
- Add the sugar and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with raisins, almond and kaju
- Serve hot or chill makhana kheer.