Lauki ki kheer Recipe / Bottle Gourd Pudding
Lauki ki Kheer is not only tasty it is also very easy to digest. Lauki ki kheer Recipe is a simple dessert with few ingredients. Grated Lauki cooked in milk, flavored with cardamon powder and garnished with almond, kishmish and kaju. Lauki ki Kheer is an healthy Indian kheer recipe. This is also called Bottle Gourd Kheer Recipe / Doodhi Kheer Recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Grated and Boiled Lauki-Bottle Gourd – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 Ltrs.
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Almond-Badam (cut into halves) – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Kaju-Cashew Nut – 2 tbsp
- Raisins-Kishmish – 2 tbsp
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 2 tbsp
- Pistachio (cut into halves) – 2 tbsp
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add the boiled bottle gourd.
- Cook for 10-15 min and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a another pan on medium flame, add raisins and kaju.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown and keep aside.
- Boil the milk for 15 min or till it becomes thick.
- Keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Add the fried bottle gourd and sugar.
- Cook it till bottle gourd gets soft.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with fried raisins, almond and pistachio.
- Serve lauki ke kheer hot or cold.