Lauki Ki Barfi Recipe / Bottle Gourd Burfi Recipe / Lauki Burfi / Bottle Gourd Fudge / Doodhi Burfi
Lauki Ki Barfi Recipe is made by using lauki-bottle gourd, mawa, sugar and dry fruits. It is very popular North Indian dish and is liked by all ages groups. People often make it during festivals like Diwali, Religious Fast like Navaratri. It is a tasty dessert and not very difficult to make.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Grated Lauki or Bottle Gourd or Doodhi or Ghia – 3 cup
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Mawa – 11/2 cup
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 1 cup
- Raisin – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Kaju – 1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Magaz or Musk Melon Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom pan on medium flame, add grated bottle gourd.
- Reduce the flame and cook till the water has almost evaporated.
- Add the sugar and cook further till the mixture becomes thick.
- while cooking, keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Add the mawa or khoya and mix well.
- Fry it for 5-6 min.
- Remove from flame and pour in a well greased plate.
- Smoothen the top level and garnish with raisins, kaju, coconut and magaz.
- Press the top level lightly and allow to cool in refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Cut into square or diamond shape.