Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe / Bottle Gourd Pudding
Lauki Ka Halwa Recipe is made by using grated lauki or bottle gourd, mawa or khoya or condensed milk, sugar and dry fruits. This is also called Bottle Gourd Pudding. This is very traditional and popular Indian Sweet, made all over Indian. Lauki Ka Halwa tastes good without mawa so you can try it without mawa, if you want.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Grated Bottle Gourd (lauki/ doodhi/ghia) – 3 cup
- Milk – 2 cup
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Grated Mawa-Khoya – 1/2 cup
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 1/2 cup
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Almond – 1 tbsp
- Magaz ( musk melon seeds) – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Kaju – 1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom pan on medium flame, add grated bottle gourd and milk.
- Cook it till the mix becomes thick.
- Add the sugar and mawa-condensed milk, mix well.
- Cook further till the mixture becomes little thick.
- While cooking, keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Add raisins, kaju, cardamom powder, grated coconut, almond and magaz and mix well.
- Serve lauki ka halwa / bottle gaurd halwa hot or cold.