Pumpkin Halwa / Kaddu Ka Halwa Recipe / Butternut Squash Halwa Recipe
Everybody likes to have sweets after meals. This is different sweet dish. Kaddu Ka Halwa Recipe is made by using pumpkin, milk and dry fruits. Use only ripe pumpkin or kaddu to make kaddu halwa.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Pumpkin/kaddu (boil and mash) – 3 cups
- Milk – 2 cup
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 1/2 cup
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Almond – 1 tbsp
- Magaz ( musk melon seeds) – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Kaju – 1tbsp
- Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom pan, add mashed pumpkin and milk.
- Cook it on low flame till the mixture becomes thick.
- Add the sugar and condensed milk, mix well.
- Cook further till the mixture becomes little thick.
- While cooking, keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Add raisins, kaju, cardamom powder, grated coconut, almond and magaz, mix well.
- Serve pumpkin halwa hot or cold.
KADDU KA HALWA RECIPE was last modified: March 13th, 2014 by