Gajar Kheer / Gajar Ki Kheer Recipe / Sweet Carrot Pudding
Gajar ki kheer recipe is tasty fasting sweet dish. Gajar kheer is made by using grated gajar, milk and dry fruits. Grated gajar or carrot cooked in milk, flavored with cardamon powder and garnished with fried almond, Kaju and raisins.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Grated Gajar – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 Ltrs.
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Almond – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Kaju – 1 tbsp
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 2 cup
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add the grated gajar.
- Fry it for 10 min.
- Heat the ghee in a another pan on medium flame, add raisins, almond and kaju.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown and keep aside.
- Boil the milk for 15 min or untill it becomes thick.
- Keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Add the fried gajar and sugar.
- Cook for 5-6 min.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with fried dry fruits.
- Serve gajar ke kheer hot or cold.
GAJAR KI KHEER RECIPE was last modified: March 21st, 2014 by