Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe / Gajar Halwa / Carrot Halwa / Carrot Pudding / Carrot Dessert
Gajar ka halwa recipe is a very famous Indian sweet or Indian Desserts. Carrot is grown mainly in cold region of India or during winter season. Carrot Halwa is made of carrots, sugar, milk, mawa (condensed milk) and dry fruits. It is extremely delicious and very popular among all ages and all region of India. It is also a popular dish during Indian festivals and religious fasting.
- Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Gajar/Carrot (peal and grated) – 3 cup
- Milk – 2 cup
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Mawa – 11/2 cup
- desi ghee ( clarified butter) – ½ cup
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Kaju (chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Pistachios – 1 tbsp
- Almond (chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom pan on medium flame, add grated gajar-carrot and milk.
- Cook it till the mix become thick.
- Add the sugar and cook further till the mixture becomes thick.
- While cooking, keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Add the mawa-khoya and mix well.
- Fry for 5-6 min.
- Add raisins, kaju, cardamom powder, pistachios and almond and mix well.
- Serve hot gajar halwa.