Arbi Gravy Sabzi / Arbi Sabzi / Arbi Masala Gravy / Arbi ki sabzi
Arbi Gravy Sabzi is very popular in North India. Arbi gravy Sabzi is made by boiling arbi anf frying it with ajwain and other spices. It can be made dry as well as gravy curry. Hindu devotees also prepare Arbi masala during navratri fasting.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Boiled or Raw Arbi (peel and cut into medium cubes ) – 11/2 cup
- Ajwain – 1 tbsp
- Rock Salt or Salt – as per taste
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger Paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chili – 1 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a pan on low flame, add ajwain, turmeric powder, red chili powder, ginger paste, rock salt and coriander powder.
- Cook for a minute.
- Now add 11/2 cups of water and bring it to boil.
- Add the boiled arbi, then cook for 10 min.
- If you use raw arbi, then cover and cook for 15 – 20 min.
- Add dry mango powder or lemon juice according to your taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- For eating it during Navratri fasting , serve hot arbi gravy sabzi with kuttu paratha.
ARBI GRAVY SABZI was last modified: March 21st, 2014 by