Almond Til Chikki Recipe / Recipes For Almond Til Chikki / How To Make Almond Til Chikki
Almond Til Chikki Recipe is made of til or sesame seeds, gur or jaggery and almonds or badam. This is quite nutritious , tasty. Almond Til Chikki is loved by kids and can be eaten during Navratri fasting. Almond is a natural source of protein and minirals. Til or Sesame seeds are rich in anti-oxidants and dietary fibers while Jaggery is a good source of iron. So all the ingredients make Almond Til Chikki is a healthy and tasty recipe. Almond Til Chikki is also called Almond Sesame Brittle Recipe/Almond Brittle Recipe.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Grated Jaggery (gur) – 1/3 cup
- Thinly Sliced Badam or Almond – 1/2 cup
- Til or Sesame Seeds – 1/2 cup
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 11/2 tbsp
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame and add sliced almonds.
- Fry it till turns little brown and keep them separately.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame and add til-sesame seed.
- Fry it till it turns light golden brown.
- Keep them separately and allow to cool.
- In a grinder, add roasted sesame seed and make coarse powder.
- Heat the pan on medium flame and add jaggery.
- Keep stirring till it melts and caramelizes.
- Now remove the melted jaggery from the flame.
- Immediately add the roasted almonds and coarse sesame seed powder.
- Keep stirring so that the almond and sesame seeds properly get mixed with the jaggery mixture.
- Remove from the flame and pour in a well greased plate (if you want chikki).
- Smoothen the top level.
- Press the top level lightly and allow to cool in refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Cut into square or diamond shape.
- Alternately you can make ladoos.
- Store the yummy almond til chikki in an airtight jar.