Bharwa Baingan Recipe / Stuffed Baby Eggplant Recipes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Baingan – 8-10 small
- A Pinch Hing –
- Methi Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Grated Onion – 1 cup
- Grated Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves (for garnish) – 2-3 tbsp
- Wash the baingan and take the top off leaving only the stick and split the baingan from one side.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add hing, methi powder, turmeric powder, red chili, salt, coriander powder and garam masala, fry for 2-3 min.
- Add onion and garlic, mix well.
- Add dry mango powder and mix well.
- Fry it for 3-4 min and keep aside.
- Stuff the mix with pushing with the finger and do not split too much or else the spices come out while cooking.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, place the stuffed baingan in pan, cover and cook.
- Stir the baingan every few minutes so that they cook all over.
- Serve hot baingan with Indian bread.
BHARWA BAINGAN RECIPE was last modified: March 25th, 2014 by